Contact us today to discuss how we can alleviate your foot pain caused by metatarsalgia.
If you are experiencing pain or inflammation in the ball of your foot, you may have metatarsalgia. This condition is especially prevalent in physically active individuals as it may be caused by repeat impact on the ball of the foot while running and jumping.
Symptoms you may experience from this condition can include:
- Sharp pain or dull ache just behind the toes on the ball of the foot.
- Pain that worsens while walking, running or jumping and improves when at rest.
- Numbness or pain in the toes.
- Pain in the feet that worsens when barefoot
Some causes include:
- Improper foot alignment
- Improper walking mechanics
- Unusual foot shape
- Intense training and activity
- Excess weight
- Tight shoes
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Stress fractures
Often pain in the foot can be healed with a day or two of rest, some ice and over the counter pain medication. However, if your pain is severe or ongoing, it may be time to see a podiatrist.